[nagdu] Re Schools? Home Training

Elizabeth Rene emrene at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 8 19:47:41 UTC 2010

Stepper,

I was trained at home for one dog each by both Guide Dogs for the Blind of
San Rafael, and Guide Dogs of America of Sylmar, California.

Both of my in-home trainings were rigorous, but I wanted them that way.

Both schools favor on-site training, but will train at home if special
circumstances require this.

Because of GDA's smaller size and welcome to those needing more support, and
because GDA has periods throughout the year when no class is in session, an
instructor might be able to work out a home training program for you
tailored to your own strengths and limitations.

The best thing to do is to contact them directly and ask.

  GDA's website is WWW.guidedogsofamerica.org.  Their admissions director,
Andrea Crusoe, is a warm and wonderful person.

Even if you can't train at home, you might find that the pace at GDA is more
suited to your needs.

Good luck,

Elizabeth