[nagdu] Betcha this is the best access story ever

Cathryn Bonnette cathrynisfinally at verizon.net
Mon Jun 14 22:54:44 UTC 2010

All:

I agree that calling the police  doesn't always work. When it doesn't work
you have to go to the next step, like calling a newspaper or calling a radio
or TV station, and getting a blog up about your experience to warn folks
about that business, or whatever.

That said, I cannot resist relating this story- We went to a Philippino
restaurant and the charming waitress was absolutely adamant that my dog was
not permitted. Her English was limited, and the  was clearly doing what she
believed was right with genuine courteous apologies.

After approximately 15 minutes of attempts to communicate, a group of
Philippino students, one of whom was bilingual, came in and asked what the
problem was. I explained briefly and the student went to talk with the
waitress in Togoleg, or whatever dialect. He returned to explain that
Philippinos  eat dog. Then he said,  "She thought you wanted to sell your
dog to someone for dinner, and she knew she would get in trouble with her

boss if she   allowed the competition with the restaurant's business!" /lol/

Once everyone understood that I had no intention of selling Abby to anyone
to eat, there was no further problem! The waitress seated us and we enjoyed
a great meal- with shared laughter at Abby's narrow miss with death by
stewing . . . . etc./Giggle/

Anybody got a better access story than that?? /grin/

OK, I'm back to work- Yall be blessed,

Cathryn (& Abby)