[nagdu] cane and dog?

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Wed Jun 16 18:25:40 UTC 2010

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions on my dizziness issue.  It is
resolved for the most part.

I ended up using only Monty.  I didn't have time to purchase a support cane
and there was definitely not enough time to figure out how to best use it.
Monty was really great, despite my best efforts to confuse him with my less
than helpful handling! *smile*

My pain levels were to a level where I was able to decrease the medication
somewhat, which helped a lot with the dizziness.  I rested when I needed to
and was able to get help with carrying things.  I took everyone's advice
about the stairs.  For the first day and a half I used the hand rail and
heeled Monty.  By the last half of the camp Monty had figured out my new
stair needs and I was able to hold onto the handle on left and the rail on
the right to steady myself.  I can't explain the difference in how we used
to work stairs and how we ended up doing it, but it does feel different and
much more secure.

The teen leadership camp/retreat thingy was really great!  The kids had a
good time.  I learned a lot.  Monty was great.  He was accepted with no
questions or problems.  Everyone was very respectful about not interfering
or petting, well 99% of the time anyway.   I am very glad I went.

Thanks again for all the help and support.  It means a lot to have people
you can go to who understand and are there for you.  Hopefully by convention
I will be completely off the medication.  That is my hope anyway.

Thanks!
Julie