[nagdu] First cane walk!

Gail deerskin at oct.net
Thu Jun 17 03:28:40 UTC 2010

Thats what I figured out pretty quick....this metal one catches on
everything. And while thats good for letting me know whats in my way, I dont
want any breaking of the cane! I know the metal cap kind of tip is supposed
to be so you can triangulate off its echos, from what I remember reading a
long time ago, but I dont think thats what I need.

Has anyone here had/have the free NFB cane? Thats what I have, and I dont
know what size tip to order for it. For that matter, I'm not sure how to get
the tip off. It seems that the cane itself terminates in a flange, and the
rubber part of the tip goes over the flange. Above that, the cane seems very
narrow, much less than the half inch that most tips I see for sale. So I'm
not sure what to order. Any ideas? The last thing I want to do is break this
 because our family budget is *extremely tight* during the summer, so we
wouldnt be able to replace it.

Gail