[nagdu] Sad News

Gail deerskin at oct.net
Tue Jun 22 21:43:32 UTC 2010

Ohhh, sweet, I know how you feel, all too well.((((hugs))).it sounds much
like what happened to our son's first service dog. She was 11, but frisky as
a dog half her age. We had just gotten our little Miniature Pinscher, and
Samara was having a blast playing with the puppy. She had had some problems
in the weeks before, climing up our back steps, but one morning, after a day
of playing with the pup, Samara couldnt get up. The vet said it was hip
dysplacia, but not at her age. Vets later told me the symptoms fit blown
disc, far too expensive for us to take care of anyway.

Its so hard to lose these creatures, who are so much closer to us than we
are to most people. If making things helps, there is a site where you can
make a memorial to your girl. http://www.in-memory-of-pets.com/tributes.asp
I have two there, to our greyhounds that we've lost. http://www
in-memory-of-pets.com/personaltribute.php?ID=77957 , Mullen was a grey I had
gotten to train for balance tasks, but he didnt like working in public
places with all the slippery floors, even with PawTack or boots on, so he
became the baby of our 18 year old son.

I hope that perhaps writing about your girl, here or on the site, will help

Gail