[nagdu] pupp sitters

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 03:07:17 UTC 2010

AS long as we're talking about taking dogs to convention, here's a
question from a first time convention going guide dog owner: when in
general session, are there certain spots that it's better to sit at
than others? For instance, if your state has a row that has open space
in front of it, is that a better place for the dog than in between
some rows? Also, do people tend to sit on the aisles with their dogs
or do you go in a few seats? I don't think that the division and
general interest meetings will be much of an issue since those are
relatively small, at least compared to a general session that has
several thousand people, but I was concerned about the big sessions
and what to do.

Also, though I don't see this happening with my dog so much but since
it has come up before in these discussions, what are the plans for if
someone's dog has an accident in the hotel? I ask because in past
years, conventioneers were asked to either clean up the mess and/or
inform a hotel or NAGDU representative. Are these same conditions
still in place for this year? Will NAGDU have an information table in
the Atrium Lobby area near the NFB information table as in past years?
I know that it takes people to man it in order to have a table, but am
wanting to know where the resources will be for guide dog related
information.

Many thanks,
Wayne, who's taking his guide, and getting very excited about convention!