[nagdu] pupp sitters

Cathryn Bonnette cathrynisfinally at verizon.net
Mon Jun 28 10:19:34 UTC 2010

Hi Tami,

Your perspective tells me that my stress load from work colored my attitude.
I had just had a change of manager to a woman who wanted to be rid of me,
and couldn't succeed because I had been promoted. She sent me to convention
to show how she was accommodating me. Right. Anyway, I've been blind for
about 5 years now, and still am very unaccustomed to being in large groups
of blind persons- any groups actually, except for a NFB chapter meeting
periodically.
 I think it is different if you have grown up that way, or gone to a school
for the blind instead of a public school etc. Also, some of the people I met
initially seemed to be a few cards short of a full deck. The one experience
I thoroughly enjoyed was the meting of blind lawyers and the mock trial they
presented. As I study for yet another bar exam, and hope JAWS for Windows
speech software will be permitted this time, I got all the subtle humor they
inserted for those in the profession along with the jokes for everyone. It
was hilarious.    If I had left right after that and gone straight to Los
Angeles to my friend's wedding instead of getting talked into staying to the
end, and sitting through a boring banquet speech that drew loud cheers from
the crowd, it would have been wiser. I left too late and was a zombie at the
wedding My bad...
If I ever did go to another convention, it would be to connect with
particular people I want to meet and connect with to learn from them. I'd
probably skip the rest of it, but that's me.
Well, Abby has apparently decided to sleep in, but I'm ready for coffee-
More soon, and thanks for offering another viewpoint to me.

Cathryn (& Abby)