[nagdu] An O&M self teachig site

AnnaLisa Anderson annalisa at sector14.net
Wed Jun 30 00:43:31 UTC 2010

Hi Gail and Julie,

Yes, you can take the accelerated mobility course at Leader without
committing to get a dog from there.  The idea behind it was to give people
more confidence with a cane to prepare them for getting a dog.  I have also
heard of people going through the course there and not getting a dog from
there or not getting a dog at all.

Gail, I'm so glad you're still here.  Please don't give up.  I think it will
work out somehow.  GDB isn't the only school out west.  Just because one
school rejects you doesn't mean they all will.  I think Julie J has some
great ideas too.  Hang in there girl.

AnnaLisa and Sundance from Leader Dogs

PS. I would recommend if you do go to a school like LD, late spring or early
fall would be the best times to go.  The weather then would be pretty good.
Same goes for the schools out east.