[nagdu] Re NAGDU resolution and guide dogs at zoos

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Wed Jun 30 19:58:24 UTC 2010

Elizabeth,

Isn't this where the courts come in?

I'm not a lawyer, but I do work in criminal justice.    I've always viewed
the laws as a general guideline, like words to live by.  But the courts are
the interpretation of those laws.  They are responsible for taking into
consideration the circumstances of the individual situation and deciding
what is just in that situation.

Unrelated example...I've seen folks with DUI charges get a $400 fine and
another with the same charge spend some quality time in the county's finest
accommodations free of charge. It just depends on the individual
circumstances of that case.

JMO
Julie