[nagdu] non-fattening treats

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Fri Mar 5 19:19:14 UTC 2010

That's really odd.  Most dogs don't like citrus.

Most any fruit or vegetable would be a low calorie treat.  Avoid all plants
in the nightshade family as well as grapes and raisins.

My dogs like banana, apple and pear. Well Monty will eat most anything,
lettuce even.  Sometimes I will put a small bit of meat in with a handful of
regular dry dog food in a Ziplock bag and let it mingle overnight in the
refrigerator.  then the kibble has a bit of the meat flavor, without adding
extra calories.  I subtract the amount of kibble I give from the daily
portion.

Also I find that if I mix up the treats so he never knows what's coming next
it has the effect of always using a high value treat without the high
calorie count.

HTH
Julie