[nagdu] jobs and grooming

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 6 08:50:53 UTC 2010

Huh.  That's a tricky one, since "odor" can depend on sensitivities and a
person's emotional perceptions of scents, anyway.

So last time I took Mitzi poodle to the groomer and had the "spa treatment,"
they rinsed her with chai latte.  I thought she smelled great, but DD and
his friend, who was riding with us and staying at our house to do some work
at the time, thought she reeked!  DD still gives me a hard time about it!
/smile/

My ex, who doesn't like dogs, anyway, is afraid of them, and has some
allergies that seem to be way worse in proportion to his awareness of when
an animal has been nearby, would believe a dog had a strong, bad odor,
because that is what he wants to believe....

Anyway, as far as your friends' situation, I just dunno.  Depends on the
dog, as far as I'm concerned, as well as the person smelling the dog.  If
the dog is healthy, has a good diet, doesn't have dental problems or
allergies, or... anything else that can give a dog an unusually strong,
unhealthy odor, I tend to think whoever is complaining is the one with the
problem.  That was before I got a guide dog or had a dog at all! /grin/

But I love dogs, so unless a dog has been rolling in something extra nasty,
I don't notice a bad scent.  Well...  Some dogs reek when they're wet, and
my sister's lab used to swim in the slough in the summer when the water was
stagnant, which made her whole house nauseating...  /lol/

Sorry for the long nonanswer.

As for legalities and such, when someone in authority orders you to give
your dog a bath, I don't know what one should do.  Wasn't there some
discussion awhile back on the subject because of some of the proposed rules
they're adding to the ADA or some such?

Tami Smith-Kinney