[nagdu] jobs and grooming

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 6 08:59:43 UTC 2010

Yeah, it depends on the dog, too, doesn't it?  I get Mitzi "done" every 4 to
8 weeks, except that in the winter I will go longer to satisfy my yen to let
the curls grow out.  /smile/  That wonderful, still-jet black coat of hers
is way too thick!  She ends up resembling a brillo pad that's been plugged
into a light socket.  /lol/  But I usually give her a bath in the middle
during the winter, just to be on the safe side.

I gave her a bath last weekend because she had a stellar wipeout in the mud
and was just a mess!  /lol/  My friend, who actually saw the slide through
the mud, still cracks up about it.  I couldn't see it, but I could hear it,
and my dog was a mess all over!

Our other dog used to have a bad odor when I first moved in, but she was
overweight and her coat was just starting to fill in after a lifetime of
stree and abuse.  Poor girl!  She also had some allergy problems.  Now that
both dogs are on a limited ingredient, super premium diet and Ms. Daisy is
calm and happy on a regular basis, not to mention nice and trim, she doesn't
smell at all, and her coat is getting thicker still.  Yay, Daisy.  She
doesn't smell at all these days.  Whew!

Tami Smith-Kinney