[nagdu] guide dogs

Susan Jones sblanjones11 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 6 17:09:33 UTC 2010

Jennifer,
I remember so well when I was young, and got my first dog.
The thing I really remember is that I worried too much, about everything you
can imagine.
Over the years, I've learned that our guide dogs are very flexible, and
working with them is a dance of balancing our needs and interests to be a
team.  When you go away overnight, your dog will sleep just fine, knowing
that everything is fine, because you are there.  Your dog will feel at home
as long as you feed him and relieve and groom him regularly.  That routine,
and your presence, is what will make him feel at home, and want to work,
play, and sleep well.

I hope you get your dog soon, because when that happens, many of your
questions will begin to be answered in wonderful, surprising ways.
I am now working with my fifth dog, and despite suffering some imperfect
matches, I wouldn't go back for anything!
Warm regards,
Susan & Rhoda