[nagdu] always taking the dog was guide dogs

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 14:30:26 UTC 2010

Julie and Buddy are right; bringing, or not bringing the dog is a
very personal choice.

I am Deafblind with other "invisible" disabilities.  I always
have a dog.  If I can't take her some where, such as to a private
home, then I don't go.  My dogs  have gone to all kinds of places
and because I train my own dog it is easy for me to spend lots of
time preparing for, and training my dog in, these types of
environments.  I live in New Orleans and I was in the French
quarter the morning of the Super bowl.  It was a zoo because it
was also the Barkus parade-- the dog parade for Mardi Gras.  It
was chaos.  My dog just handled it as if it were any other day.
It is physically  impossible for me to be independent without a
dog or  another person by my side and since I like my dog better
than I like most people, and since she does a better job for me
than anyone else could, she always goes with me.  I realize this
choice puts me in the minority but it's just the way I have to do
things to keep my independence and my sanity.

Rox