[nagdu] But so and so lets me pet their dog!

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 16:06:11 UTC 2010

Tracy,

Like you I focus more on my dog than on others.  I'm Deafblind
and its almost impossible for me to police those around me and to
catch people who are determined to pet my dog.  When she started
her training; I really focused on rewarding calm behavior while
being petted.  She will turn away from the petter and nudge me
which usually makes the petting less enjoyable for the petter if
my dog isn't interacting with them.  I did the same thing with
people distractions because I cannot hear others calling out to
my dog or making kissing or other noises.  She doesn't react at
all which frustrates the heck out of people who want to make gaga
eyes at the doggie.

Rox