[nagdu] always taking the dog was guide dogs

Linda Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Mon Mar 8 22:37:11 UTC 2010

Hey, Jeanette,
Long time no hear from! (grin!)

Yeah, there are just some activities that having a dog with you is quite
problematic! I used to take my dog canuing - a long time ago with a very
calm yellow Lab.  She happily sat in the center of the boat.

We do need to consider the impact of an activity on our dog's wellbeing. Or
maybe, we just don't feel like bringing our dog. I will do this sometimes so
my dog will be good at home alone for short periods of time.  I won't bring
him to a bar - the rare times I go to one. It's too loud and dark and people
wouldn't ever know he was there to avoid stepping on him.

BTW, I've met a nice blind transwoman who lives in our county.  Been getting
her out of the house and into the blind community. She is losing her vision
due to glaucoma and needs the support.

Cheers,

Lyn and Landon