[nagdu] always taking the dog was guide dogs

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 10 20:42:31 UTC 2010

Lynda,

I'll trade you a poodle and coonhound team!  Trust me, you will know when
someone is at your door!  /lol/

Actually, are girls are quieting down for the most part, unless they're
really bored and just need the excitement of going nuts when someone knocks.
/smile/  They're starting to use more constsructive methods of letting us
know we need to answer the door.  Whew!  Our regular friendly visitors are
used to it and just automatically do their part to cut through the nonsense
and loudness.  It's a little hard to communicate with a random stranger
trying to sell you something or convert you to something when your eardrums
are being shattered.  Which is fine, except that they may be delivering you
a package with money in it, and then you *don't* want them to go away.
/grin/

I, too, find myself being both impressed and daunted, Rox, when you describe
your overall training and the time it takes.  Most of the time, I just
assume your dogs do cool stuff and don't think about how much longer it
takes to train all the added tasks.  I'm still recovering from training my
dog just to guide and not get in trouble!  Whew!

I do love the two dog solution.  And I like the humor you have with your
dogs.  Making it all fun for them -- and for you -- is also a good
preventative for burn out. /smile/

Tami Smith-Kinney