[nagdu] owner training was Amount of walking

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 17:57:51 UTC 2010

Wow, Julie! That does sound like a lot of work, but a really awesome
thing at the same time. I don't understand, though, why you say your
next dog is 25 years away? I'm sure Monty won't be working 25 years,
will he?? *giggle* It sounds like you have kept the other two as pets.
That's awesome. I hope that by the time my first guide dog retires
I'll be in a house, wher I can keep my retired pup. I get so attached,
I know I won't want to send him into retirement somewhere else. Right
now, I live in an apartment with a two-pet limit. I have my sweet
kitty, and my roommate has a nice miniature poodle.

My only concern with going to guide dog school is that I do have bad
days once or twice a month. What if that bad day falls on a training
day, and I can't do the classwork? I'm not sure when I'll be going,
but I'm calling the Seeing Eye back today, to restart the application
process (We had put it on hold due to a possible neurosurgery), and
I'm hoping by the end of summer, as warm weather suits me much
better...I'd hate to be in New Jersey in the winter. I'm a Southern
Belle for a reason!

~Jewel