[nagdu] owner training was Amount of walking

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Mon Mar 15 11:52:16 UTC 2010

Jewel,

The 25 years is just wishful thinking.  I would like it very much if Monty
would live that long.  He's a dear and thinking about him aging and
eventually crossing the rainbow bridge is rather depressing.

I have my previous guide, Belle, here as a pet.  Tia, the dog before that I
had to put to sleep several years ago.   I do live in a house and could
legally have one more dog, since Monty doesn't count as a pet, but I think
my husband might move out if I got another dog. LOL

I'm not sure what to suggest about your health related concerns about going
to guide dog school.  I'd think if you were honest with the Seeing Eye about
what you can and can't do that they'd work with you to make it work.  I'm
sure that there have been other people that have had similar issues before.

Best of luck,
Julie