[nagdu] Amount of walking was BOOK ON SELF-DEFENSE

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 17:41:39 UTC 2010

I thought I was the only one who did that! When I moved to Raleigh, I
told myself I would go out a little further every day. My first
adventure was just to the end of the street (about three blocks) to
find the nearby family-run food mart. Then it was to IHOP to meet a
friend for breakfast (2 more blocks!), then to Cameron Village (almost
a mile), and beyond! I have been forcing myself to go out there and
look and not wait for people to show me where to go since I got here.
Of course, it does help that anywhere I go in Raleigh, I'm likely to
come across at least one pedestrian...there have been a few times I
had to knock on a door or flag down a car because I was totally lost
and no one around...but it sure taught me some valuable lessons.

You can't succeed if you never fail.

~Jewel