[nagdu] Ot: BookSense XT Raffle!

Meghan meghan at n-republic.net
Mon Mar 15 04:16:51 UTC 2010

The Wisconsin Association of Guide dog Users is raffling off a BookSense XT which was generously donated by Roger Behm of Adaptive Information Systems Inc.

This handy little gadget can play NLS digital Talking Books, music, .doc and .docx files, txt and so so much more!  There are Bluetooth capabilities built right into the machine, an fm radio, a clock and other nifty little features.

This sleek little machine can be mistaken for the common cellphone on the street, and comes with a 2 gig sd card for storing all of your data.  There is also 8 gigs of built in memory!  Do not be deceived though, for this is simply a slick little book reader and is only pretending to be a cellphone.

1000 tickets have been printed, so your chances are pretty high!  1 ticket costs $2 and 3 for $5.

The drawing will be held on April 25 in Appleton Wisconsin at the National Federation of the Blind of Wisconsin state convention.
If you're interested in winning this cute little fellow, please send checks to:

Meghan Whalen
2566 Hoard St
apt. 2
Madison WI 53704

All checks should be payable to the Wisconsin Association of Dog Guide Users.  Upon receipt of your payment, I will fill out your tickets and enter them in our drawing.

If possible, a Braille note identifying who you are would be a huge help.

So, in short, here's the steps for buying tickets:
1.  Grab an envelope
2.  Write out a check for the number of tickets you would like to purchase.
3.  Write down your name, phone, address, number of tickets purchasing and amount enclosed (preferably in Braille) and place it in the envelope.
5.  Alternatively, bring plenty of cash in your sweaty little hands to convention to purchase tickets from a friendly WAGDU representative.
6. Wait with baited breath for April 25 and see if you win.

Thank you very much in advance for supporting the Wisconsin Association of Guide Dog Users.

Sincerely,
Meghan Whalen, President
Wisconsin Association of Guide Dog Users