[nagdu] presentation about blindness

Albert J Rizzi albert at myblindspot.org
Tue Mar 16 12:41:53 UTC 2010

Hello marc, I too wonder why as a  global community we fear blindness so. I
mean, we are asked to accept the presence  of our higher being and creator
blindly and are told to have blind faith in the presence and majesty of the
divine. Then as we mature into adult hood we are ever searching for that one
person to cleave to and trust blindly. We live for that hopeful moment in
life where we find our partner in life whom we can live, love and laugh with
in blind trust. Then too, there is our hope that in the majesty of what
justice is all about that it to must be doled out blindly. Justice herself
is wearing a blind fold suggesting that her other senses are sufficient and
dependable enough to draw conclusions and pass judgment in a just and
capable manner. So I too wonder why blindness has gotten such a bad rap over
the millennia  and why if we theoretically  look for these figurative and
literal moments in our life where blindness is a key factor to our happiness
and well being, that those of us who are physically  able to provide these
desirable  traits and qualities  are still marginalized  and disenfranchised
to this very day in all areas of life. I for one as a new entrant into the
blind community see how my field of vision has increased ten fold by simply
having the lights dimmed so as to allow inner sight and trust to take over
and allow for a clearer way of seeing things. Helen Keller once said it is a
shame to see and have no vision. Peace.

Albert J. Rizzi, M.Ed.
CEO/Founder
My Blind Spot, Inc.