[nagdu] What do you do when you're angry with your dog?

d m gina dmgina at samobile.net
Sun Mar 21 21:04:27 UTC 2010

Jenine,
Mike Sargent laughed so hard, when I got mad at my dog, and was so
angry with him that i put him in the crate and took off with my cane.
My dog stopped listening to me,
he would wait until Jim would say go to mama.
I asked Jim in a kind way not to do this, but Jim doesn't think so he
still does it.
What worked was I had the harness, calling the dog and tapping my leg
for him to come to me.
He sat there and wouldn't come.
Now I the person I am you get two chances, not three.
You don't come on the second chance leash goes on and crate here you come.
then I leave.
Of course this was good to practice cane skills, so I felt good about
what I was going to do.
I shared with Jim at no time should he talk to the dog.
Trust me, when I say come, dad doesn't have to say a word, he comes whining.
Because he isn't sure if the crate is going to be next.
That is how I handle my frustration.

--
--Dar
skype: dmgina23