[nagdu] Audible Traffic Signals

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 29 03:15:05 UTC 2010

Julie,

No authoritative sources here, but what I have found when I am in the part
of downtown where the precious audible signals exist, I just wonder what
that strange chirping noise is when I'm listening for traffic.  /smile/
Halfway across the street, or shortly after I've reached the curb, I will
hear the cuckoo sound that means the light has changed for the perpendicular
stret.  Then I will laugh at myself, which being glad that at least I have a
clue where I am.  If I crossed down there more, I might listen first to
those signals, then to the traffic.  I do think it would be helpful.  I just
never think about them when I'm there and am not used to processing them in
my street-crossing decisions.

I do know people who love them and find them very helpful.

Tami Smith-Kinney