[nagdu] Got a question for the list

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Mon May 3 12:13:52 UTC 2010

Mark, T
He added work to bennifit ratio is incredibly subjective.
The added work of a dog was fine for me until I had my daughter. Then it
became way too much for a bunch of reasons. I've written about this
on-list but if you email me off-list I can rehash so as to avoid
repeating myself here.
A guide dog is at first a dog and they do dog-like stuff I'll say that
people with pet dogs run into the same issues, so this isn't unique to
guide dogs.
As with all things, there are trade-offs. It is very hard to quantify
guide dogs though because both you and the dog are living beings with
changing needs, you more so then the dog. A dog may be right for you
now, but will it be in your 30's when you have a wife and kids? Maybe,
maybe not. This may explain why finding the type of data you want is
difficult.
I don't know how to advise you further. Sounds like you two are having a
religious war, v. a discussion that you both hope to resolve.