[nagdu] Smallest Guide Dog

Linda Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Wed May 5 20:41:26 UTC 2010

Hi Julie, and all,
I think real small dogs won't work well as guides because they cannot
phsyically stop us from danger like they do for us.  I have that little
booklet that Seeing Eye that tells the early history about guide dogs. there
were pictures of artwork depicting small dogs being used as guides and the
people using them falling off a low bridge and into the drink!

Real small dogs sure would be more convient in tucking them out of the way
in a restaurant or in a small car, though! (grin!) With Landon being so big
and long, this tucking out of the way can be quite the challenge for us. He
is 24 inches tall and 80 pounds.

Lyn and Landon