[nagdu] Replacement Dog

Cheryl Osborn chapalacheryl at gmail.com
Thu May 6 03:03:22 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have been having a rough time with my new guide dog since I received
her last December.  I have been considering returning her over the
last few weeks and  have finally made the decision to return her.  I
have been in contact with The Seeing Eye, keeping them informed of our
lack of progress.  So I will be taking my dog back in a few weeks and
attending training for my replacement dog.

I have such mixed feelings about all this.  I feel so guilty when my
dog comes up to lick my hand or to get some loves.  I also hate to
think about all the money the school is spending on me throughout this
process.  I can't help but wonder if I could have handled things in a
better way.  I feel like a major failure.

Has anyone else on this list had to return a dog?

--
Cheryl in Mexico
chapalacheryl at gmail.com