[nagdu] Raw diet for guide dogs

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri May 7 14:01:41 UTC 2010

Hi Tara.
I scanned some raw food books for Bookshare, so I'm glad they're coming in
useful.
I tried a raw diet with my black lab from GDB.  At first, he seemed to go
well, but then she developed chronic diarrhea, which I was unable to cure
despite making changes.  So I gave up, and put her back on a kibble diet,
but a kibble made with human-grade meats as the first few ingredients.
She is now 15, and just keeps bouncing along.  She worked until she was
about 11 and a half.

However, friends of mine have had great success with raw food.  One fixed
serious digestive issues with her shepherd, and another had good success
with her golden.  So I guess every dog is different.
Good luck with it.
Tracy