[nagdu] any suggestions?

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Mon May 10 17:58:12 UTC 2010

Jessica,

I'm probably going to make myself unpopular by what I'm about to say,
but seeing as how it's never stopped me before, I'm just going to say
it.

Unless your dog is seriously under weight or has other health issues,
stop catering to him.  Put the feed down, leave it down for 10-15
minutes max, and pick his pan back up, ignoring him the entire time.
Of course if there is a medical reason that he is unable to eat or if
eating is uncomfortable for him e.g. mouth/gum issues-- catering to
him at meal time will make him pickier.

I know because my golden did this same thing and frequently dogs who
are switched to raw will refuse it.  Eventually he will eat.
If the food is not agreeing with him in other ways-- bowel upset, skin
issues, ear infections, then of course you need to find another formula.
IMHO pickiness is not a reason to switch a diet, but I'm a meany.
This is of course JMHO for what it's worth.

Rox and the "Kitchen Bitches:"
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD. and Laveau Guide Dog, CGC.
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
http://www.pawpowercreations.com/retreat.html
pawpower4me at gmail.com
AIM: Brissysgirl