[nagdu] A thing I teach my dogs

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Wed May 12 16:41:00 UTC 2010

I start training this with a friend. I have my dog follow her through
the line and then start by letting the friend go first and get in line
out of sight of the dog, then have the dog target the friend, then
follow.
I can also do this with store employees.  I am usually holding the
handle of the dog's harness for balance while in line so she'll just
start slowly walking once the line moves.
I think it would be harder if I put the handle down-- I'd have to add
another cue so she could tell me the line is moving.

Rox and the "Kitchen Bitches:"
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD. and Laveau Guide Dog, CGC.
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
http://www.pawpowercreations.com/retreat.html
pawpower4me at gmail.com
AIM: Brissysgirl