[nagdu] A thing I teach my dogs

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed May 12 17:43:01 UTC 2010

I forgot to say that I remind Ben periodically to "get in line", even if
we're standing in it,especially if the line is not moving much.  So, if I
hear the person in front of me shuffling their feet, or have some idea the
line might be moving, I say Get in line in a cheerful voice, and, if the
line has moved, Ben moves up, too.  Now he's used to it, he doesn't need
prompting so much, but I still do it to remind him, and out of habit.
Sometimes, when someone in line hears me telling Ben to get in line, the
person will say where the end of the line is.  Very helpful.
Tracy