[nagdu] Man's dogs will set blind kids free

AnnaLisa Anderson annalisa at sector14.net
Fri May 14 01:36:52 UTC 2010

Hi Steve and all,

Oh yes, isn't that the truth.  I wonder how much of this is the reporter's
slant.   I'm not at all impressed, the reporter didn't even get the breed of
the dog right.  I think he meant Burmese Mountain Dog.  I know they use them
a lot in Canadian guide dog schools.  The guy the article was about, is from
North Carolina?  I'm surprised they would give a dog like that to a guy down
south, those dogs are cold climate dogs and have lots of long hair, and I
wouldn't think they would do so well in the heat.  I saw a Burmese Mountain
Dog once at the dog park.  They sure are beautiful, and huge!!   Quite a bit
bigger than a golden or lab, that's for sure.  The one I met was a gentle
giant, very sweet and calm.  I've heard that  laid back temperament is the
norm for that breed, and I've also heard they are very intelligent, which
I'm sure are the reasons the Canadians use them as guides.

But like everyone else, I was thoroughly disgusted by just about every
aspect of the article.  Just when you think things are getting better and
people are more enlightened these days...  We still have a long way to go,
don't we?

AnnaLisa and Sundance