[nagdu] Soft Stool

AnnaLisa Anderson annalisa at sector14.net
Fri May 21 23:26:48 UTC 2010

Hi Jess,

Are you new to the list?  If so, welcome.

Aw, poor Saunders!  He must be in quite a lot of pain if he is pawing at his
belly and whining like that.  I agree, get him to the vet right away.  Hope
it's nothing serious and that he's feeling better real soon.  Give him some
feel better pats from me.

Oh yes, another idea is to give him one pill of Imodium AD or Pepto-Bismol
(spelling).  That's often what my vet suggests to help curb the diarrhea.
Haven't tried slippery elm, good idea.  Also if the diarrhea is really bad,
my vet says to give boiled hamburger and rice for the first meal or two
after a 24 hour fast.  And my dog thinks that's the best treat in the world.
<smile>  Fortunately we haven't had to do that too often.

AnnaLisa and Sundance the gorgeous golden