[nagdu] GDF's step refusal

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Wed May 26 23:10:17 UTC 2010

Hi Rebecca and Lyn,

I am Deafblind and have some pretty serious vestibular issues.  Your
sight and hearing all contribute to your ability to use
proprioception-- the ability to know where your body is in space and
how it relates to other objects.  Because I am Deafblind; I have
terrible proprioception.  I have fantastic mental mapping skills and
my orientation is great.  My mobility, on the other paw, is terrible
and if I don't have a dog; I run into all kinds of stuff-- get lost in
my own home and yard and generally am a walking disaster.  It doesn't
surprise me that hearing people who lose their hearing temporarily
have issues.
I'm actually getting a walker for in home use, because the lack of
sight and hearing, along with inner ear issues is messing me up to the
point where I sometimes can't walk independently.  My dog does great
at helping me when I'm out, but at home I'm a mess.  The walker is
only for at home and if I ever get to the point where I have to use a
walker full time I am going to have to figure out the whole dog thing.
LOL

Rox and the Herbal HenchHounds
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD. and Laveau Guide Dog, CGC.
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point
out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-
wit, and the emperor remains an emperor."-- Neil Gaiman
http://www.pawpowercreations.com/retreat.html
pawpower4me at gmail.com
AIM: Brissysgirl