[nagdu] Re Annoying Behavior

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Thu May 27 19:17:40 UTC 2010

Elizabeth ws only offering her perspective. I read it as one of those
things where changing how you view something might be the solution you
seek.
Marsha, could you get a book and read while your dog eats? You get to do
something you value, your dog gets you in the room, you both are happy.
Also wondering if you needing/wanting to leave the room while your dog
eats is new to the dog? If it is, he/she may just need a bit more time.
You've gotten married and moved, both you and your dog have had to
adjust to a lot.
For the cat, get a baby gate and put the cat's food in a study or some
room of the house. The cat should be able to jump over the gate, the dog
won't be able to. You'll need to keep the gate closed of course.
Not sure how well putting the food in the area where the litter box
would work, that whole pooping where you eat thing you know.
I sympathize with both views and can truly understand both sides. On an
emotional level, I liked being with my dogs while they ate, on a person
being busy level, I can understand the annoyance factor. A good book may
be all you need along with a timer set for ten minutes so the dog learns
not to take its time.