[nagdu] questions about guide dogs and cruises

Chasity Jackson chasityvanda at charter.net
Sun May 30 00:39:07 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

On April 7, 2011, I will be taking a four day cruise with Kid Rock, a singer
who I have followed from state to state for the past 9 years. It leaves from
New Orleans and goes to Cazumel. I have never taken a cruise at all before,
much less with a guide dog. I would like to hear people's experiences on
cruises with their dogs. Tell me what to anticipate, what to watch out for
as well as other ideas and suggestions you think would be helpful for me to
know in advance. Also, my main question is this. The only port the ship will
stop at is Cazumel. How do I go about finding out whether or not I can take
my dog off the ship with me in Cazumel, and how do I find out if they are
allowed in public buildings and other places in Cazumel? I already called
the cruise line and spoke to the people I need to speak with, and they said
it's up to me to research that. They said that once I book my cabin on the
cruise, to call them so we can get the paper work started that is necessary
to complete in  order for me to bring my dog on the cruise. I almost thought
about leaving my dog with my parents while I go, but there are four or five
hundred Kid Rock fans on my facebook who I network with on a regular basis,
who are looking forward to meeting her on board, and this cruise really
appeals to me because Kid Rock is on board the entire time and interacts
with people while on the ship. I was told by one other person I spoke with
that they had a much easier time navigating the ship on a cruise they went
on, with their guide dog.

So I am just writing to get your overall experiences taking your dogs on
cruises, as well as how to go about finding out whether or not she can go
off the ship in Cazumel and into public places. Thanks.
Chasity