[nagdu] Vet costs

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Wed Nov 10 12:55:22 UTC 2010

I am realizing how much variety there is among vets.  Where I live there is
only one vet clinic, so going elsewhere is a moot point.  I'd have to go to
an entirely different city, which just isn't practical.  Also I get
whichever vet is available at the moment.  Probably if I requested a
particular person I could get an appointment with that person if I wanted to
wait.  My vet is also the country variety.  There is often a cow or two  in
a pen in the back.  They still do housecalls to farms.  But it's cheap, like
really, really cheap.  A typical visit with tests and medication costs me
around $100.  I don't get a guide dog discount and have actually never asked
for one.  I think I'd feel bad about it since they are so reasonable
already.

So I guess there are a few good things about living in the middle of
nowhere! *smile*
Julie