[nagdu] introducing myself

Cathryn Bonnette cathrynisfinally at verizon.net
Tue Nov 16 00:51:07 UTC 2010

Jordan,

Years ago, Amtrak tried the same thing with me regarding the dining car. I
remained at the dining car entrance with my guide and asked for the
supervisor with whom I discussed the law regarding guide dogs. The result
was apologies and a reversal such that I went in with my guide and ate
dinner. You must not ever once let them get away with disobeying the law or
it makes everything more difficult for all guide dog users. At least that is
my experience. Amtrak staff do know better. Guide dogs are not a new
invention, and Amtrak has blind guide dog users among its employees. I hope
that you will look for ways to enforce the laws that protect all guide dog
users while remaining polite and professional. The law is on our side but it
is only as good as our determination to protect it.

Interested in your response.
Cathryn (& Abby)