[nagdu] any advice

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Wed Nov 17 13:09:27 UTC 2010

I'm not sure what happened or what specifically needs to be addressed based
on your situation.  If you are asking for general advice, I'd talk about
what *to do* instead of what not to do.   Also realize that it varies from
person to person.  What might be important to you might not be to the next
person.   I always stress the importance of talking to me and asking
whatever it is that they want.  Some people allow petting the dog and some
don't.  Some people will accept treats for the dog and most don't.  Some
people need more information or assistance than others.  Instead of
explaining all of that it's just easier for me to stress to talk to the
person, which puts all the particulars in the hands of that person no matter
what their individual rules.

If you are talking about legal issues, I'd take copies of the relevant laws.
those will speak louder than anything you can say.  Law enforcement officers
tend to believe they are right an inordinate amount of the time.  They don't
tend to believe people on their word alone.  I suppose it's the nature of
the job.

Best of luck!
Julie