[nagdu] Re Dogs behavior and how to stop it

Elizabeth Rene emrene at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 25 04:00:22 UTC 2010

I would subtitle this message, Nature's Bounty!

I live in a lakeshore apartment community, and we get flocks and flocks of
geese settling on our lawns and paddling on the water.  They're so much fun
to watch, especially when Alvin comes outside, because they seem to all tell
one another that a big dog's coming, then all take off in a ruffle of
feathers and a chorus of honks.

But they do leave a gift on the lawn when they go, and it isn't manna!

I've spoken to Alvin's instructors about his fascination with this ghastly
(geesetly?) food, and they tell me there's nothing I can really do except
keep Alvin away from it.

When I relieve him in his own area, I have to guard against him snacking
instead of sniffing to leave his own gift on the ground, then I pick up
right away.  Sometimes, I find myself retrieving more than one kind of
present.

Guess the old French saying is true:

Chaq'un a' son gout.  To each his own taste.

You bet I watch him closely!

Elizabeth

I live in a lake shore apartment community,