[nagdu] Walking Dogs

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Sat Nov 27 19:42:45 UTC 2010

I have walked dogs in all varieties of combinations.  Sometimes I work one
and have the other on leash.  sometimes I take both on leash and use a cane.
I have walked a dog on leash and gone with a sighted guide too.  It depends
on the particular dog or combination of dogs as to what works best.  With
Monty and Belle it works best to have them both on my left no matter if I'm
working Monty or using my cane.  Belle walks a bit behind and to the left of
Monty.  He always walks in guiding position no matter if he is in harness or
on leash.  My cane doesn't bother either of them, but they are used to it.

HTH
Julie