[nagdu] Parking places

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 18:10:53 UTC 2010

Greetings. Well, now that people know of my pending trip to New York
next month, that makes the topic I was going to bring up on list a
little easier, the issue of parkng. I've parked my dog on grass and
rock/environmental substitutes many times before, but I haven't had to
park my dog on the streets of New York City in awhile. I did it when I
was in training 2 years ago at Seeing Eye, when we took our day trip
into the City, but that was with a trainer and we parked our dogs in
what was a construction area, so there wasn't as much of a worry about
moving cars and such. However, the trip next month there will be a
concern of traffic. The thought of parking my dog in that kind of
place makes me nervous, for my safety and my dog's out in the street.
Now those that use the curb for parking their dogs are probably
chuckling at me by this point, which is why I'm asking for your
insight on the matter. The question: how do you park your dog in New
York City? Where do you go if there's no grass, or are there spots
that do have grass? I have no idea what the layout will be where I'm
staying, but want to be aware of my options. To reference the subject,
where are good doggie parking places in NY City?

Many thanks,
Wayne

--
Follow me on Twitter at: