[nagdu] Guide dog book on BARD

AnnaLisa Anderson annalisa at sector14.net
Tue Oct 26 21:30:12 UTC 2010

Hi Rebecca,

I would agree with you about that, however Follow My Leader has nostalgia
value for a lot of us, at least it does for me.  I could relate to Jimmy at
the time since I was about his age when I read it, even though I knew I'd
never get a dog at my young age and that the story was pretty outdated.  So
just for nostalgia's sake, I'm reading it again now and I'm at the point
where he's in class and has had his dog for a couple weeks.  Yeah, I
remembered some details like the practical joke at breakfast on Halloween
(funny what memories carry over from childhood), but I'd forgotten that the
author really doesn't talk about the dog much other than to tell us he's a
shepherd and explain where his name came from, and some of the training.  But
he doesn't tell us how Jimmy learns responsibility of caring for his dog like
parking him and such, at least not yet.  I remember reading Light a Single
Candle too and liking that one, but I never read the others in the series.
Will have to look for those on Bard.

AnnaLisa and Sundance