[nagdu] Cab drivers in DC pass blind people with guide dogs

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Sep 7 12:25:14 UTC 2010

I don't see how you could keep the company from writing in your file that
you have a dog if you are a regular customer.  I know it's in the records
of the cab company I always use.  Somewhat annoying, but I don't think I
could change that.  But the cab usually comes in a reasonable time, and
that's what I really care about.

If I have to get a cab on the street in New York City, I usually try to
get some sighted person to help me, and stand back pretending I'm not
involved until the sighted person has caught the taxi.  But it's such a
hassle I hardly ever do it.  It may have changed since the last time I
tried, but I doubt it.

Tracy