[nagdu] Italian greyhound guide dog?

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Sep 8 17:17:05 UTC 2010

I wonder if some of the smaller breeds might be a good solution for those
who don't take long walks, the folks who go from car to building and back
to car.  Or for elderly people who don't walk very fast and are using
their dogs for short errands, going to church, visiting friends, etc.
Instead of trying to breed slow, non-energetic labs, the schools could be
using a wider variety of breeds for the variety of people they serve.

Not that I expect any of the big schools to try anything like that.  They
tend to stick with the old methods.  Which is OK, but a little inovation
could be interesting.
Tracy