[nagdu] weird questions

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 8 17:28:45 UTC 2011

True!  We have all this great technology to use if only we can get our hands
on it.  I have a scheduled time each week to throw a big hairball fit over
it, because I adore technology and I adore doing all those cool things the
technology would make it so much more feasible to do.  If I save up my fit
over that for one big whack to get it out of my system, I find I can get
more done without the technology I need to do it because I'm not distracting
myself by just seething...  /lol/

My mPower has broken for a couple of years now, although it didn't have the
GPS I wanted with it.  I still mourn every day.  Come to think of it, I
think we've hit or are close to hitting our financial goals and I can send
it in for repair...  I'm using an old BrailleNote a friend sent me to
practice typing and reading Braille, but I miss the added features of the
mPower.  What I really drool for is the Apex, of course.  Or whatever will
take its place by the time I can afford one.  /smile/

Whenever possible, I have a tendency to toss off the prices of the gadgets I
can use at work or in travel to do all those things sighted people take for
granted, just so I can point out that they're paying taxes for the
acquisition of those tools at those prices but the taxes are *not* being
used to provide them.  Then I mention the failed audits -- every one back to
1975 -- and grin and say, "Your tax dollars at work!  Mine, too!"  It's not
much in the way of public education, but it's the best I've got for right
now.  Why is the same administrator in charge, that's what I want to know?
Seriously, reading those audits is a real trip; reading her written
respolnse is nauseating.  Very odd.

Anyway, those essential accessible communication tools would make a huge
difference in not just gaining and maintaining employment or successfully
completing an education towards that end, but would also make a lot of daily
life much more efficient!

I can tie my guide dog in there by pointing out that she would be happier if
we were out working every day, either going to work or just because we have
the money for bus fare.  /smile/  So would I!  Also, I could use my time on
the bus do something besides sit and stare out the window not enjoying the
scenery.  /lol/

Tami Smith-Kinney