[nagdu] Dogs walking on the left side

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 13 18:53:12 UTC 2011

Possibly.  /lol/  Then again, I like hearing about all the labbie related
stuff and the shepherd related stuff, so maybe some find it entertaining?

Since people come along looking for information about poodles specifically,
at least we can say we're giving them some idea of what they're getting
themselves into?  /evil grin/

Mitzi's vocalization was a kind of snark that I have learned not to identify
as a true snarl that's a prelude to aggression.  More of that Hey! You're
not allowed here! Thing.  Except that the other guide dog user doesn't know
that and is suddenly (I can only assume) hearing the opening chords of the
dreaded vicious dog attack.  Having my dog do that to them is just way
uncool.  So I'm glad she finally agreed to stop doing it.  Then again, we
haven't been in the more guide dog traveled parts of town for a few months,
so I might have to have another chat with her on the subject.  /smile/  At
least we now have a set procedure for stopping the behavior and redirecting,
so I can nip the snark in the bud without having to argue about it.  Arguing
with Mitzi over something she really wants to do is an exercise in
aggravation and futility!  /grin/

Tami Smith-Kinney