[nagdu] Follow

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 15 21:48:50 UTC 2011

Tracy and Rox,

Teehee!  Maybe we should start a stubborn guide dog club?

Mitzi drives DD absolutely nutty sometimes when he goes into overprotector
mode and decides he knows best and should be the one making decisions about
how she should do her job.  He's really very good about remembering and is
getting better and better at behaving himself when I have to remind him to
be good...  But since he only slips into the overprotector gear when he's
really stressed about stuff he can't control, he's not at his least stubborn
then, either.

Parking lots are the worst!  Mitzi is very firm on doing things her way in
parking lots.  I am very firm on refusing to use "follow" under any
circumstances in parking lots.  DD is certain that we're both going to die
horribly if we don't follow him step for step and do exactly what he tells
us to do when he tells us to!  We must look like quite the circus sometimes.
Especially since I either give in to the temptation to argue with him as he
angles across the lot while Mitzi tracks to the right at right angles, or I
lose it and just go along giggling my head off because it is all just too
ridiculous.

One of these days, DD is going to remember to let Mitzi do her job in a
parking lot, or even give it up and do the right angle route with us.  We'll
probably all get run over while we're recovering from the shock of that!
/grin/

Tami Smith-Kinney