[nagdu] Fidelco Guide Dogs: Dreams of Independent TravelBecomeNightmares of Sorrow

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 18 10:42:28 UTC 2011

Liz,
    Thank you so much for your message of support. I appreciate your
comments as a journalist. It's unfortunate you will not be able to make the
2011 convention. I believe it will prove to be the largest in history!
    Eliot Russman claims Fidelco and he had valid reasons for repossessing
the dog; however, his unwillingness to share those reasons with the consumer
or me, lead me to believe the repossession was unjustified. It is important
that consumers be given all the information they need to make an informed
decision. This is the motivation behind this article and the Braille
Monitor. As you might have seen in other messages, NAGDU is creating some
other instruments to help make this choice, specifically, the Guide Dog
Consumers' Bill of Rights and the Consumer Satusfaction Survey. More on
these initiatives will come as they are finalized.

Fraternally yours,
Marion