[nagdu] What trainers don't know

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Apr 18 14:23:31 UTC 2011

I suspect trainers don't know much about a dog's house behavior, because
they don't see the dog in that setting.  During training, the dogs are in
a kennel setting.  No beds to lie on, no counters to jump on, no socks to
chew.  The trainers might take a dog into the house for a bit, if the dog
is having trouble with kennel life, but I don't think that happens too
often.  So, unless the raiser mentions something, I don't think they
really know.

I'm not sure they would know if a dog could start emptying on route,
either. It's my understanding that, before going out for training, that
part of the dog string has a chance to run and play and do their business.
 If I had ten dogs for Ben to run and play with for a while before going
for a walk, he might get enough stimulation to go before we go.

Not to make excuses for a trainer not mentioning stuff, but I think there
are things they just don't know.
Tracy